Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 1- Wellness Cleanse

Today was day 1 of the wellness cleanse and it went pretty well. It was very weird having to actually think about what I am going to eat for each meal way in advance but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. When reading the first chapter of the book it says that the first couple of days are the hardest and it is right! I went grocery shopping today and it was so hard to pass by all these yummy foods that I would normally eat. Everything that I saw made me more hungry and made me really think about the things that I am giving up for the next 3 weeks. So far the hardest thing to give up is gluten. I have no problem giving up meat but no more bread, pasta is really going to be hard. I am also having hard time giving up eggs and cheese so far. It it very easy to just go into the fridge and pick up a piece of cheese or have an egg in my salad but at the same time I think I just need to get used to it.

I am going to be going away for a weekend in 2 weeks and I think that is going to be very hard to actually follow this diet and I am really worried about it. I know that it is not the end of the world if I eat something that is on the do-not-eat list. But I still would like to keep it as close as possible. Getting the full effect of this diet is key in my opinion.

So, day 2 tomorrow and so far I do not have very much planned. I am hoping to have a nice rice dish of some sort for dinner but we will see what happens. Keep reading for up dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment