Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Quantum Wellness Cleanse Intro

Two good friends of mine told me about this amazing cleanse that they are actually accomplishing right now that helps you flush all impurities from your system. It helps you kick bad habits and makes you eat very healthy for 21 days. I have done other detox and diets before in my life when I was preparing for a sporting event or a time when my life would be changing or more then normally busy just to keep myself feeling healthy and happy but never have I heard of something that could help in so many ways.

So today I went out and bought the book to start my journey on my 21 day cleanse with the help of Kathy Freston. After reading the introduction of this book I was honestly floored by the amount of information that I didn't know about my body and how food effects our every day lives. One thing that I really found interesting was that wanting certain foods or thinking you need a coffee in the morning is nothing more then an addition to that type of food. I never thought of it that way till I read it in this book and now it totally makes sense!

Another thing that really sparked an interest of mine is the fact that fasting (for some people) is a really great way to get rid of impurities in your system very easily. For people who have a little extra weight or those who have a slow metabolism can actually safely fast for a day or two a month. I was always told by friends that fasting is really bad for your body and that it should not be done. But if you have the extra little fat to spare it actually helps you get rid of these impurities much faster then if you were to go on a special diet. The only problem is for the people like myself that do not have the extra fat reserves on their body to rely on. What happens to me in that my body starts to think that it is never going to get food again so any food that I give it will turn into sugar almost instantaneous because my body thinks that that is the last time it is going to get food so it needs to store it.

I find this all so fascinating that I am going to devote my personal blog to my adventure of the 21 days of healing my mind, body and soul. I am starting my blog today because I am prepping myself now for this life changing event starting Monday. So fellow followers, keep posted on what happens to me, what I decide to eat and how I am coping with the change.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Did you start yet? I started this past Monday and am curious as to how you're doing. After the hell of the caffeine withdrawl headache went away yesterday I'm actually doing okay. Feeling a bit achy though, and so is my husband (who is also doing the cleanse), so we're not sure what to attribute that to. Wondering if you've experienced any of the same? Thanks. Lauren

    ReplyDelete